I asked a friend what his favorite word is. He replied with “‘Because’ and ‘however’. They allow room for explanation and elaboration.” I thought about his response and how quickly he came up with it. As someone whose favorite subject is English, it is extremely difficult for me to think of a single word that I would consider my favorite. He asked me what my favorite word is and I replied with a short list. How can one choose a single word?
- masochist (noun) – a person who is gratified by pain, degredation, etc.
- misery (noun) – wretchedness of condition or circumstance
- sonder (noun) – the realization that each rndom passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own
- frivolous (adjective) – not having serious purpose or value
- prententious (adjective) – attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc.
- sadist (noun) – a person who feels gratification from causing pain; a person who enjoys being cruel
- laughter (noun) – the act of laughing
- vibe (noun) – a person’s emotional state or the atmosphere of a place as communicated to and felt by others